There is something uniquely terrifying about not being able to catch your breath. Like us, our pets can suffer from conditions that hinder breathing. Talk to your veterinarian about Terbutaline, a generic for Brethine prescribed for asthma, collapsing trachea, chronic allergic bronchitis, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Terbutaline works by relaxing the airways which makes breathing easier.
Key Benefits of Terbutaline
- Assists breathing in specific airway diseases
- Relaxes the airways making breathing easier
- Generic for Brethine
Side Effects and Warnings
- Terbutaline should not be used in animals with known hypersensitivity or allergy to the drug.
- Should be used cautiously in animals with diabetes, high blood pressure, overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism), animals taking thyroid supplement (L-thyroxine) or those with a seizure disorder or epilepsy.
- Avoid if any heart rhythm abnormalities are present.
- Terbuatine may interact with other medications.
- Consult with your veterinarian to determine if other drugs your pet is receiving could interact with terbutaline, such as certain antidepressants and anesthetics.
Use as directed by your veterinarian.