Humulin N insulin
You Save: 13%
This product requires a prescription
About Humulin N
Humulin N is a type of insulin that helps to treat diabetes mellitus in dog and cats. It is a crystalline suspension with protamine and zinc. It is an immediate-acting insulin that lasts up to 24 hours. Humulin N will not cure your pet's diabetes but can help to regulate your pet's blood sugar so that it is within a normal range. This should decrease his/her symptoms and improve his/her comfort and quality of life. Your pet's insulin dose and frequency may require adjustments. Treatment will usually be required for the rest of your pet's life in most cases.
Who's Humulin N For?
- Provides insulin supplementation necessary to manage your pet's diabetes mellitus
- Quick-acting and long-lasting insulin
Side Effects and Warnings
- Side effects include weakness, tiredness, shaking, seizures or coma, which may be the result of your pet's blood sugar falling too low (hypoglycemia)
- Some cats may appear immobile, although this is rare
- Symptoms of an allergic reaction to Humulin N include facial swelling, hives, scratching, sudden onset of diarrhea, vomiting, shock, seizures, or coma
- If your pet acts unusual in any while taking Humulin N, contact your veterinarian immediately
- Consult your veterinarian regarding any allergies your pet may have, and any other side effects of this medication
Humulin N Directions
Use as directed by your veterinarian