About Clopidogrel Bisulfate
Clopidogrel Bisulfate is prescribed by veterinarians to prevent thromboembolic, or cardiovascular, disease in cats. This medicine is also prescribed to treat hypercoagulable states, or blood clotting disorders, in dogs. This medicine may be useful for preventing thrombi in susceptible cats and may improve pelvic limb circulation in cats after a cardiogenic embolic event.
Who's Clopidogrel Bisulfate For?
- Prevents thromboembolic, or cardiovascular, disease, in cats
- Treats hypercoagulable states, or blood clotting disorders, in dogs
Side Effects and Warnings
- May cause vomiting, self limiting mild diarrhea, lack of appetite, and bleeding
- May interact with aspirin, heparin, NSAIDs, and warfarin
- Consult your veterinarian regarding any allergies your pet may have, and any other side effects of this medication
Clopidogrel Bisulfate Directions
Use as directed by your veterinarian