Ciprofloxacin Ophthalmic Drops
You Save: 85%
This product requires a prescription
About Ciprofloxacin Ophthalmic Drops
Ciprofloxacin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic used to treat infections in that are caused by susceptible bacteria. This drug is classified as a fluoroquinolone antibiotic. It is a prescription drug and can only be obtained from a veterinarian or by prescription from a veterinarian. This drug is not approved for use in animals by the Food and Drug Administration but it is prescribed legally by veterinarians as an extra-label drug.
Who's Ciprofloxacin Ophthalmic Drops For?
- An eye formulation for ocular infections
Side Effects and Warnings
- Ciprofloxacin should not be used in animals with known hypersensitivity or allergy to the drug
- This drug should not be administered to puppies, as those between the ages of four and 28 weeks are the most susceptible
- Occasionally, some animals develop diarrhea or loose stools from ciprofloxacin
- Ciprofloxacin may interact with other medications, such as theophylline, antacids, iron supplements, sucralfate, cyclosporine and various other antibiotics.
- Consult your veterinarian to determine if other drugs your pet is receiving could interact with ciprofloxacin, regarding any allergies your pet may have, and any other side effects of this medication
Ciprofloxacin Ophthalmic Drops Directions
Use as directed by your veterinarian