Azithromycin, generic of Zithromax
You Save: 66%
This product requires a prescription
Azithromycin, is a macrolide antibiotic that fights susceptible bacteria, like Staphylococcus aureus, various Streptococci, some Hemophilus spp, certain Bacteroides spp, Borrelia burgdorferi, some Mycoplasma spp, and some species of Chlamydia. Azithromycin is a prescribed drug and can only be obtained by prescription from a veterinarian. This drug is not approved for use in animals by the Food and Drug Administration but it is prescribed legally by veterinarians as an extra-label drug.
Who's Azithromycin For?
- Used to treat infections caused by susceptible microorganisms
- Effective against various dermatological infections, respiratory tract infections, and urogenital infections
Side Effects and Warnings
- Azithromycin should not be used in animals with known hypersensitivity or allergy to it or other macrolide antibiotics.
- Should be used with great caution (or not at all) when there is preexisting liver disease
- Some gastrointestinal side effects may include vomiting, diarrhea, or abdominal pain
- Cardiac arrhythmias, including ventricular tachycardia, may be precipitated by azithromycin
- Renal dysfunction, including interstitial nephritis and acute renal failure, may occur secondary to azithromycin treatment and liver function may be affected
- Consult your veterinarian regarding any allergies your pet may have, and any other side effects of this medication
Use as directed by your veterinarian